Brrrr!! It is freezing in Minnesota and the only thing I crave is soup. There are so many amazing recipes out there but I found this super easy soup recipe in Real Simple. It was absolutely delicious, and did I mention, super easy!!
You will need:
- ¼cup olive oil
- 4large shallots, coarsely chopped
- 1large carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 to 2fresh hot red chilies, sliced, plus more for serving
- 4cloves garlic, sliced
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 115.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 8cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1cup whole farro
- ¾pound peeled and deveined medium or large raw shrimp
- 5ounces (8 cups) torn Swiss chard (from about 1 small bunch)
- Torn basil leaves and crusty bread, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the shallots, carrot, chilies, garlic, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are just tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the tomatoes and their juices along with the broth and bring to a boil. Add the farro and cook until tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and chard and cook until the shrimp are opaque, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer the soup to bowls and sprinkle with the basil and additional sliced chilies. Serve with the bread.
Until next time.
Follow me on Instagram @bewithblair