I have been wanting to make my own granola bars for a long time. This chia, quinoa & banana granola bar recipe was the perfect first recipe to give granola bars a go. And let me tell you- they are DELICIOUS. Another huge plus- they are so easy to make.
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup uncooked pre-rinsed quinoa
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup dried fruit (raisins or cranberries work well)
- 1/4 cup natural creamy almond butter
- 2 tablespoons honey or pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper to prevent bars from sticking.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, uncooked quinoa, chia seeds, salt and cinnamon. Stir in mashed banana and vanilla. Fold in almonds, pecans (or walnuts) and dried fruit.
- Place a small saucepan over low heat; add in almond butter and honey (or maple syrup) and stir until warm and almond butter is melted. Fold into granola bar mixture until well combined. Pour into prepared pan and press down firmly with hands or with a measuring cup to help bars stay intact. Bake for 25 minutes or until edges turn golden brown. Allow to cool completely before cutting into 10 bars.
Let me know what you think!
Blair (follow me on Instagram- @Bewithblair)